Team Lead, Technical Advisory Team
Location: London, Ontario
Team Lead, Technical Advisory Team
StarTech.com Ltd. is a global manufacturer of hard-to-find connectivity and technology parts. We make it easy for IT professionals around the globe to find and get the part they need to enable their business solutions.
We innovate, design and make a wide range of unique, specialized or hard-to-find parts and accessories that connect and enhance business technology. Our friendly, professional and responsive employees, proprietary web resources and channel partners ensure that the right product is delivered to the IT professional.
Founded in 1985, we are a privately owned company headquartered in Canada with operations in the USA, UK, France, Spain, Netherlands, Sweden and Italy.
We were named an INC 5000 honouree in the United States for the past 4 years, recognizing us as one of the fastest growing private companies. In 2009 and 2011, StarTech.com was named one of the 50 Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada and also recognized as one of the top 50 Best Managed Companies in Canada in 2011 and 2012.
The Technical Advisory Team Lead will ensure the delivery of exceptional support & service to StarTech.com customers through coaching & leadership of Technical Support Advisors.
- Ensure consistent delivery of exceptional technical support & customer care.
- Monitor quality of customer interactions as per defined quality monitoring & coaching procedures.
- Provide coaching and assistance to the Technical Support Advisors (TSA) on receiving, documenting and responding to Technical Support requests (telephone, email, chat) as per defined quality monitoring & coaching procedures.
- Guide direct reports through annual goal setting process, track performance against goals and develop corrective action plans as necessary.
- Lead direct reports through development planning (catalytic coaching).
- Case handling including order taking/tracking, product/pricing questions, escalated cases and complaints.
- Work with appropriate parties internally for case investigation & resolution.
- Assist the Customer Services Manager with daily, weekly and monthly KPI reporting, analysis, and corrective action planning.
- Facilitate the communication of company, department & team priorities & performance.
- Oversee daily support team operations; including open/close, queue management, lunch/break scheduling & peak demand management.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong Technical support techniques and processes.
- Aptitude to lead and motivate others.
- Exceptional problem solving and listening skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills for creating relationships with colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to work under pressure and to make effective judgments.
- Ability to negotiate effectively.
- Self-starter who must be able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, own deliverables end to end and prioritize workload effectively.
Experience & Qualifications
- Experience in a technical customer service/support environment; call center useful but not mandatory.
- Minimum 1 – 2 years experience in a team leader or supervisory position.
- University Degree or College and passion for technology
- 2nd language is an asset.
If you want to join a successful, growing and dynamic entrepreneurial company that provides competitive compensation and benefits, please submit your resume and salary expectations in confidence by applying on-line directly to www.startech.com
We appreciate all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.