Manager, Employee Attraction
Location: London, Ontario
Manager, Employee Attraction
StarTech.com Ltd. is a global manufacturer of hard-to-find parts and accessories that connect and enhance business technology. We make it easy
for IT professionals around the globe to find and get the part they need to enable their business solutions.
We innovate, design and make a wide range of unique, specialized or hard-to-find parts
and accessories that connect and enhance business technology. Our friendly, professional and responsive employees, proprietary web resources and channel partners ensure that the right product is delivered to the IT professional.
Founded in 1985, we are a privately owned company headquartered in Canada with operations in the USA, UK, France, Spain, Netherlands, Sweden, Italy, Belgium, Mexico and Germany. We will continue to expand our global footprint in the coming years.
A vibrant high tech company, we offer an enviable workplace with a track record of growth and recognition. We’re big on service and team spirit without taking ourselves too seriously.
By conquering new markets and creating diverse career opportunities, we offer you a place to grow. Plus, our commitment to training and development will keep your skills sharp. As well, we know you have a life outside work. That’s why we offer benefits that take good care of you and your family, and support you to actively participate in your community. It all adds up to a good life.
What’s more, StarTech.com is a “50 Best Managed Company” in Canada, one of Canada’s “50 Best Small & Medium Employers”, one of the top 500 fastest growing Canadian companies on Profit 500 list and has been an honoree on the INC 5000 list of the fastest growing private companies in the United States for seven consecutive years.
Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer, the Manager, Employee Attraction will partner with business leaders and HR Advisors to deliver end to end recruitment support and establish solid recruitment processes. The successful candidate will ensure talent needs are met and ensure the effectiveness of the recruitment efforts and process. This is a great opportunity for a recruitment expert interested in making an impact in support of our growth strategy.
Managing a team of two, provide full cycle talent acquisition expertise to source, attract and secure great talent on a global basis. This includes:
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert for the business throughout the recruitment cycle providing consultative recruitment support. Coaching and influencing managers on final candidate selection.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with the leadership team and HR Advisors to understand current and future recruitment needs and to determine optimum sourcing strategies.
- In partnership with the business and HR advisors, understand and develop job requirements and competencies for all positions
- Manage the full lifecycle of recruitment – source, screen, administer assessments, interview, make recommendations, background checks, offers, and declines
- Develop cost effective, efficient, creative and innovative solutions to sourcing challenges.
- Independently generate candidate flow through a variety of sourcing channels, including: social media, internal postings, Internet recruiting, proactive networking, employee referral, campus recruitment, 3rd party recruitment partners, researching and initiating other channels as appropriate.
- Source and maintain pipeline of industry experienced candidates
- Educate, consult and transfer knowledge of recruitment processes and interviewing skills
- Utilize behavioural interviewing techniques and provide support and counsel to hiring managers throughout the interviewing process.
- Understand compensation market data and internal equity issues for designated positions.
- Schedule new hires for onboarding and orientation programs
- Utilize assessment tools to evaluate candidates; make recommendations for additional assessments
- Organize, plan and execute strategy for job fairs and career events. Create excitement for the StarTech.com Employer brand.
- Maintain recruiting budget and manage employee requisition process
- Develop and maintain consistent recruitment materials (candidate assessment matrix, brochures, pro.files, interview tools, offer letters)
- Minimum 7 years full life-cycle recruitment experience
- Strong sourcing skills to locate candidates with difficult to find skill sets.
- Excellent relationship building skills and proven ability to provide value added consultative service.
- Experience providing consultative recruitment support in a coaching and advisory capacity to the leadership level
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Results oriented, multi tasking, strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- Strong communication and presentation skills; influencing skills.
- Experience working with Behavioural Based Interviews.
- CHRP and/or Baccalaureate degree preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as effectively within a team
- Proficient computer skills using MS Office, applicant tracking tools and social media
*Must be able to work in a confidential environment and be comfortable dealing with sensitive information.
Our core business hours are Monday – Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm.
If you want to join a successful, growing and dynamic entrepreneurial company that provides competitive compensation and benefits, please submit your resume in confidence by applying on-line directly to www.startech.com/careers