Location: London, Ontario
StarTech.com is a global manufacturer of hard-to-find connectivity parts. We make it easy
for IT professionals around the globe to find and get the part they need to enable their business solutions.
Founded in 1985, in London, Ontario, StarTech.com has operations in Canada, the United States and the United Kingdom servicing over 35,000 resellers worldwide.
We innovate, design and make a wide range of unique, specialized or hard-to-find parts
and accessories that connect and enhance business technology. Our friendly, professional and responsive employees, proprietary web resources and channel partners ensure that the right product is delivered to the IT professional.
StarTech.com is currently listed as a 50 Best Managed Company in Canada, one of Canada’s 50 Best Small & Medium Employers and is an honoree on the INC 5000 list of the fastest growing private companies in the United States for six consecutive years.
Reporting to the Website Manager, the Web Developer will be responsible for the upkeep and ongoing improvements to the websites that represent StarTech.com in its many markets around the world. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to work independently as well as work collaboratively, particularly to troubleshoot complex challenges. Strong communication skills will be required to work within a culturally diverse group as well as the ability to effectively communicate with persons of varied technical backgrounds.
Responsibilities will include:
- Adding and editing content to our Content Management System in a variety of languages
- Helping to launch new websites to serve new markets
- Formatting and front-end programming for new site sections and features
- Assisting with reporting on a variety of website key performance indicators
- Develop branded content for publishing on third-party websites, which must meet stringent coding standards
Additional Skills that would be an asset:
- 1-3 years of relevant industry experience
- graduate of an applicable post-secondary program
- Experience using one or more popular Content Management Systems to manage websites
** Please provide three example sites you have created.
- Experience with jQuery Mobile
- Familiarity with Sass CSS and other modern techniques
- Familiarity with the Bootstrap CSS framework
- Experience managing content in multiple languages
Our core business hours are Monday – Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm.
If you want to join a successful, growing and dynamic entrepreneurial company that provides competitive compensation and benefits, please submit your resume in confidence by applying on-line directly to www.startech.com/careers
We appreciate all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.