Location: Lockbourne, Ohio
Distribution Coordinator – FULL TIME (Location: Lockbourne, Ohio)
StarTech.com Ltd. is a global manufacturer of hard-to-find parts and accessories that connect and enhance business technology. We make it easy
for IT professionals around the globe to find and get the part they need to enable their business solutions.
We innovate, design and make a wide range of unique, specialized or hard-to-find parts
and accessories that connect and enhance business technology. Our friendly, professional and responsive employees, proprietary web resources and channel partners ensure that the right product is delivered to the IT professional.
Founded in 1985, we are a privately owned company headquartered in Canada with operations in the USA, UK, France, Spain, Netherlands, Sweden, Italy and Mexico. We are on the INC 5000 honor roll in the United Stated, recognizing us as one of the fasted growing private companies for 6 consecutive years. In 2009, 2011 and 2013 StarTech.com was named one of the 50 Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada and also recognized as one of the top 50 Best Managed Companies in Canada in 2011 and again in 2012.
Our customers love doing business with us because we provide exceptional customer service with lifetime support and exclusive online resources that save them time and money.
We are currently looking for a full-time Distribution Coordinator to join our team located in Lockbourne, Ohio. The successful candidate will possess a minimum of 5 years Distribution experience dealing with Transportation Management, Indirect Purchasing, and Vendor/Contract Management etc. for our locations in Canada, US and UK. A strong understanding of database management and the ability to create new database tools using Microsoft Excel as a platform is desired. The successful candidate must have the ability to work in a high volume distribution center, possess a strong work ethic and strong attention to detail along with the ability to work in a small team environment.
- Transportation Management – including freight claims for LTL and parcel.
- Invoice and billing review for our locations located in Canada, USA, and UK.
- Central Customer Service point of contact for Customer Service team – dealing with POD’s (proof of deliveries), BOL (bill of lading) references and order progress.
- Indirect Purchasing – PO management for all supply based purchases (pallets, corrugate, office supplies, etc.) for all 3 sites (Canada, USA and UK).
- Vendor/Contract Management – contract review for service related vendors.
- Assist site management with Database management administration (warehouse metrics, attendance, etc).
- Serve as the central point of contact on trade show inquiries at all 3 distribution facilities for the Sales and Marketing organization.
- Post-secondary education
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Purchasing experience is a definite asset
- Experience with MS Office/WMS and ERP systems
- Good understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to negotiate pricing and terms for local indirect Distribution vendors
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment across multiple sites
- Ability to travel on occasion to corporate office in London, Canada or the UK distribution facility
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, growing company
If you want to join a successful, growing and dynamic entrepreneurial company that provides competitive compensation and benefits, please submit your resume and salary expectations in confidence by applying on-line directly to www.startech.com
We appreciate all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.