Bilingual Technical Advisors
Location: London, Ontario
We are GROWING
Bilingual Technical Advisors
Full Time and Part-time Opportunities Available
StarTech.com Ltd. is a global manufacturer of hard-to-find parts and accessories that connect and enhance business technology. We make it easy for IT professionals around the globe to find and get the part they need to enable their business solutions.
We innovate, design and make a wide range of unique, specialized or hard-to-find parts and accessories that connect and enhance business technology. Our friendly, professional and responsive employees, proprietary web resources and channel partners ensure that the right product is delivered to the IT professional.
Founded in 1985, we are a privately owned company headquartered in London, Ontario Canada with operations in the USA, UK, France, Spain, Netherlands, Sweden, Belgium, Italy and Mexico and coming soon…..Germany. We are on the INC 5000 honor roll in the United States, recognizing us as one of the fastest growing private companies for 6 consecutive years. In 2009 and 2011, StarTech.com was named one of the 50 Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada and also recognized as one of the top 50 Best Managed Companies in Canada in 2011 and again in 2012.
Our customers love doing business with us because we provide exceptional customer service with lifetime support and exclusive online resources that save them time and money.
Our hours of operation are from Monday to Friday 5:00 am to 11:00 pm. Hours for employees will fall into various shifts to allow us to meet the needs of our business.
As our Technical Advisor you will provide both technical support and advice to StarTech.com resellers and end-users by phone, e-mail and live-chat including:
- providing product recommendations and service information
- troubleshooting customer’s technical concerns as they relate to our products
- promoting products
- helping customers build IT solutions using our products
Our ideal candidates will have:
- Post-secondary education in Computer Systems Technology or related program.
- Have worked with technology or have an interest in technology
- Hands on experience with computer hardware is required
- Have any experience using Contact Center software, preferably NEC Unified Communications Software
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have knowledge of the IT industry and IT products
- Attention to detail for accurate ordering processing and logging customer information in our CRM system
- Have a desire to multi-task in a fast-paced, growing global company
- Want to help us realize our winning statement: “Excite Customers. Succeed. Have Fun”
Those who are bilingual will be given preference. Specifically we need individuals who have a passion for technology, education and/or experience in technology and the ability to speak one of more of the following languages in addition to English;