Location: London, Ontario
StarTech.com Ltd. is a global manufacturer of hard-to-find parts and accessories that connect and enhance business technology. We make it easy
for IT professionals around the globe to find and get the part they need to enable their business solutions.
We innovate, design and make a wide range of unique, specialized or hard-to-find parts
and accessories that connect and enhance business technology. Our friendly, professional and responsive employees, proprietary web resources and channel partners ensure that the right product is delivered to the IT professional.
Founded in 1985, we are a privately owned company headquartered in Canada with operations in the USA, UK, France, Spain, Netherlands, Sweden, Italy, Belgium, Mexico and Germany. We will continue to expand our global footprint in the coming years.
A vibrant high tech company, we offer an enviable workplace with a track record of growth and recognition. We’re big on service and team spirit without taking ourselves too seriously.
By conquering new markets and creating diverse career opportunities, we offer you a place to grow. Plus, our commitment to training and development will keep your skills sharp. As well, we know you have a life outside work. That’s why we offer benefits that take good care of you and your family, and support you to actively participate in your community. It all adds up to a good life.
What’s more, StarTech.com is a “50 Best Managed Company” in Canada, one of Canada’s “50 Best Small & Medium Employers”, one of the top 500 fastest growing Canadian companies on Profit 500 list and has been an honoree on the INC 5000 list of the fastest growing private companies in the United States for seven consecutive years.
Our hours of operation are from Monday to Friday 5:00 am to 9:00 pm
. Hours for employees will fall into various shifts to allow us to meet the needs of our business.
As our Technical Advisor
you will provide our resellers and end-users with world class customer experience by phone, email and live-chat. We are looking for team players that help our customers build out their IT solutions while promoting our products. You will also be responsible for providing product recommendations and service information
- Troubleshooting customer’s technical concerns as they relate to our products
- Excellent knowledge of all versions of Windows Operating systems
- Working knowledge of Linux and how to setup peripherals
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of StarTech.com products
- Hands on troubleshooting of hardware and peripherals
- Accepting responsibility and accountability for customer issues and drive to timely resolution
- Document all relevant information, troubleshooting steps and customer information in our ticket system
- Collaborative working attitude
- Critical thinking/independent problem solving ability
- Creating and updating Knowledge Base Article to increase self-service offerings
- Be able to manage many competing deliverables
- Post-secondary education in Computer Systems Technology or related program
- Have worked with new technology or have a great interest all technology in general
- Hands on experience with computer hardware is required
- Have any experience using Contact Center software, preferably NEC Unified Communications Software
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have knowledge of the IT industry and IT products
- Attention to detail for accurate ordering processing and logging customer information in our CRM system
- Want to help us realize our winning statement: “Excite Customers. Succeed. Have Fun”
Those who are bilingual will be given preference. Specifically we need individuals who have a passion for technology, education and/or experience in technology and the ability to speak one of more of the following languages in addition to English;
Submit your resume in confidence by applying on-line at www.startech.com/careers
We appreciate all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.