Location: London, Ontario
StarTech.com is a global manufacturer of hard-to-find connectivity parts. We make it easy
for IT professionals around the globe to find and get the part they need to enable their business solutions.
Founded in 1985, in London, Ontario, StarTech.com has operations in Canada, the United States and the United Kingdom servicing over 35,000 resellers worldwide.
We innovate, design and make a wide range of unique, specialized or hard-to-find parts
and accessories that connect and enhance business technology. Our friendly, professional and responsive employees, proprietary web resources and channel partners ensure that the right product is delivered to the IT professional.
StarTech.com is currently listed as a 50 Best Managed Company in Canada, one of Canada’s 50 Best Small & Medium Employers, one of the top 500 fastest growing Canadian companies on Profit 500 list and is an honoree on the INC 5000 list of the fastest growing private companies in the United States for six consecutive years.
Reporting to the Manager, Employee Attraction, the Recruitment Specialist provides support and coordination for StarTech.com’s recruitment process on a global basis.
Provides full cycle talent acquisition expertise to source, attract and secure great talent on a global basis. This includes:
- In partnership with the business and HR advisors, understand and develop job requirements for vacation positions
- Manage the full lifecycle of recruitment – source, screen, administer assessments, interview, make recommendations, background checks, offers, and declines
- Generate candidate flow through a variety of sourcing channels, including: social media, internal postings, Internet recruiting, proactive networking, employee referral, campus recruitment, 3rd party recruitment partners, researching and initiating other channels as appropriate.
- Source and maintain pipeline of industry experienced candidates
- Source candidates and conduct phone screens and in-person interviews to determine the suitability of applicants
- Utilize behavioural interviewing techniques and provide support and counsel to hiring managers throughout the interviewing process.
- Utilize assessment tools to evaluate candidates
- Understand compensation market data and internal equity issues for designated positions.
- Schedule new hires for onboarding and orientation programs
- Assist with the organization, planning and execution of job fairs and career events.
- Create excitement for the StarTech.com Employer brand.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the leadership team, vendors, community organizations, and other team members to create a partnership that yields successful, predictable results and credibility
- Stay informed of trends and innovative recruiting techniques in order to be competitive in state-of-the-art recruiting practices
- CHRP and/or Post Secondary degree in HR or a related discipline
- 3-5 years of recruitment and selection experience with working knowledge of behavioural and competency based interviewing techniques
- Experience in planning and executing recruitment tactics.
- Excellent customer service and relationship management skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as effectively within a team
- Proficient computer skills using MS Office, applicant tracking tools and social media
- Ability to work in a high performance culture with time sensitive deadlines
* Must be able to work in a confidential environment and be comfortable dealing with sensitive information.
Our core business hours are Monday – Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm.
If you want to join a successful, growing and dynamic entrepreneurial company that provides competitive compensation and benefits, please submit your resume in confidence by applying on-line directly to www.startech.com/careers