Location: London, Ontario
StarTech.com Ltd. is a global manufacturer of hard-to-find parts and accessories that connect and enhance business technology. We make it easy
for IT professionals around the globe to find and get the part they need to enable their business solutions.
We innovate, design and make a wide range of unique, specialized or hard-to-find parts
and accessories that connect and enhance business technology. Our friendly, professional and responsive employees, proprietary web resources and channel partners ensure that the right product is delivered to the IT professional.
Founded in 1985, we are a privately owned company headquartered in Canada with operations in the USA, UK, France, Spain, Netherlands, Sweden, Italy, Belgium, Mexico and Germany. We will continue to expand our global footprint in the coming years.
A vibrant high tech company, we offer an enviable workplace with a track record of growth and recognition. We’re big on service and team spirit without taking ourselves too seriously.
By conquering new markets and creating diverse career opportunities, we offer you a place to grow. Plus, our commitment to training and development will keep your skills sharp. As well, we know you have a life outside work. That’s why we offer benefits that take good care of you and your family, and support you to actively participate in your community. It all adds up to a good life.
What’s more, StarTech.com is a “50 Best Managed Company” in Canada, one of Canada’s “50 Best Small & Medium Employers”, one of the top 500 fastest growing Canadian companies on Profit 500 list and has been an honoree on the INC 5000 list of the fastest growing private companies in the United States for seven consecutive years.
We are currently looking for a Project Manager
who will take responsibility for leading major IT and business related projects. The Project Manager will establish, implement, develop, and control best practices for project management within IT and throughout the organization. The Project Manager will plan, execute, and finalize projects according to scope, timeline and budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define project objectives and oversee quality control throughout the life cycle. This position will report to the Vice President, IT.
Strategy and Planning
Acquisition and Deployment
- Define how the scope, goals, and deliverables of IT projects should support business goals, in collaboration with senior management.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout the project lifecycle.
- Set and effectively communicate and manage project expectations to sponsors, team members, and other stakeholders in a clear and concise fashion.
- Determine frequency and content of status reports, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas/mitigate project risks.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Plan, schedule and track project milestones and deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Develop best practices, techniques, and tools for project planning, execution, project management, ongoing milestone/deliverable tracking, communication, and key performance metrics.
- Effectively manage project teams’ time and allocate resources to ensure deliverables are completed.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
- Prepare RFPs, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure IT products and services.
- Develop strong, lasting, relationships with strategic IT vendors
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Build, develop, and grow key business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Support IT operational and project budget planning, tracking and forecasting.
- Direct and manage development of all major IT projects within the portfolio from beginning to end.
- Communicate project management standards and techniques as required.
- Track and monitor all project milestones and deliverables.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Develop and deliver status reports, proposals, change requests, presentations, and requirements documentation to ensure smooth project progression.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Work with management as required to ensure all team members take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within and between various project teams.
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information sciences, or related field and/or a minimum of 7 years equivalent work experience
- PMP certification is an asset
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as Microsoft Project Professional & Server
- Experience in developing and deploying project best practices, policies, procedures, and processes
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management
- Solid relationship and performance management skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effectiveness
- Strong written and verbal communications capability along with exceptional customer service skills and orientation
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users
Our core business hours are Monday – Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm.
If you want to join a successful, growing and dynamic entrepreneurial company that provides competitive compensation and benefits, please submit your resume in confidence by applying on-line directly to www.startech.com/careers
We appreciate all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.