Technical Product Trainer
Location: London, Ontario
StarTech.com Ltd. is a global manufacturer of hard-to-find parts and accessories that connect and enhance business technology. We make it easy
for IT professionals around the globe to find and get the part they need to enable their business solutions.
We innovate, design and make a wide range of unique, specialized or hard-to-find parts
and accessories that connect and enhance business technology. Our friendly, professional and responsive employees, proprietary web resources and channel partners ensure that the right product is delivered to the IT professional.
Founded in 1985, we are a privately owned company headquartered in Canada with operations in the USA, UK, France, Spain, Netherlands, Sweden, Italy, Belgium, Mexico and Germany. We will continue to expand our global footprint in the coming years.
A vibrant high tech company, we offer an enviable workplace with a track record of growth and recognition. We’re big on service and team spirit without taking ourselves too seriously.
By conquering new markets and creating diverse career opportunities, we offer you a place to grow. Plus, our commitment to training and development will keep your skills sharp. As well, we know you have a life outside work. That’s why we offer benefits that take good care of you and your family, and support you to actively participate in your community. It all adds up to a good life.
What’s more, StarTech.com is a “50 Best Managed Company” in Canada, one of Canada’s “50 Best Small & Medium Employers”, one of the top 500 fastest growing Canadian companies on Profit 500 list and has been an honoree on the INC 5000 list of the fastest growing private companies in the United States for seven consecutive years.
We are currently seeking a Technical Trainer
to join our Product Development team. In this role, you will be responsible for the design and delivery of technical training courses to ensure that employees within StarTech.com have the skill and knowledge required to support our customers.
- Responsible for the analysis, design, development and evaluation of all training curriculum, documentation, and support material for training initiatives
- courses will vary between instructor-led, web-based, manuals, job aides, certification programs, and eLearning solutions
- Work with subject matter experts to develop course content
- Research, evaluate, and design new systems, methods, and technologies to improve the overall training process
- Responsible for delivering both in person and online technical training curriculum
- Helps to oversee all training projects, including requirements analysis, project resources and budget
- Ensure a superior level of technical and service knowledge on the entire StarTech.com product range
- Tracks and analyzes customer problems reported and builds training materials addressing these issues
- Delivers structured feedback to the development team from training sessions and drives product improvements
- 3-year Technical Diploma, Electrical Engineering degree, OACETT or relevant work experience
- Prior experience with building and delivering technical training programs is highly desirable
- Understanding of Audio/Video, Cable products, Wireless and networking products, power supplies, computer hardware and accessories, would be highly desirable
- A strong overall professional presence. Capable of communicating effectively at all levels within the organization (internally and externally).
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, work-intensive environment
- Demonstrated team player
- Passion for technology
- Passion for customer service
Our core business hours are Monday – Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm.
If you want to join a successful, growing and dynamic entrepreneurial company that provides competitive compensation and benefits, please submit your resume in confidence by applying on-line directly to www.startech.com/careers
We appreciate all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.