Pricing & Competition Analyst
Location: London, Ontario
Pricing & Competition Analyst (based in London, Ontario)
StarTech.com is a global manufacturer of hard-to-find connectivity parts. We make it easy
for IT professionals around the globe to find and get the part they need to enable their business solutions.
Founded in 1985, in London, Ontario, StarTech.com has operations in Canada, the United States and the United Kingdom servicing over 35,000 resellers worldwide.
We innovate, design and make a wide range of unique, specialized or hard-to-find parts
and accessories that connect and enhance business technology. Our friendly, professional and responsive employees, proprietary web resources and channel partners ensure that the right product is delivered to the IT professional.
StarTech.com is currently listed as a 50 Best Managed Company in Canada, one of Canada’s 50 Best Small & Medium Employers and is an honoree on the INC 5000 list of the fastest growing private companies in the United States for six consecutive years.
The Pricing & Competition Analyst
is a key contributor to the StarTech.com Product Management organization. They will be responsible for providing competitive pricing analysis and information to the Product Management organization to ensure increased market share while maximizing profit levels by regional market. The Pricing & Competition Analyst will provide key input to Product Line pricing strategy as well as establish, maintain, and analyze price reference documentation to make recommendations that will facilitate optimal pricing and promotional decisions made by the Product Management Team.
- Drive the collection of competitive product and pricing data needed to understand pricing differences between StarTech.com and key competitors by market. Utilize competitive pricing to identify pricing gaps and opportunities; perform comparisons to industry/company benchmarks.
- Provide pricing recommendations, competitive analysis, and consultative support to Product Managers on new product pricing, mature product management, and EOL clearance. Identify opportunities to optimize sales and profitability through price strategies including segment strategies for the various regional markets and channels.
- Coordinate promotion development and tracking with the Sales team and Product Management including SKU selections and rebate proposals.
- Manage the system of documentation, communication, and review of competitor lists by line/market and competitive pricing data.
- Manage pricing process for new pricing and price change execution, documentation, and communication.
- Manage documentation of pricing strategies and policies.
- Liaise with and provide support to Product and Sales Management on volume price grids and bid opportunities.
- Liaise with Finance and Vendor Management on pricing related issues and opportunities to maximize margin.
- Perform analysis of existing transactional level data to identify price/margin erosion and assist sales and product management teams in constructing and implementing solutions.
- Measure effectiveness of pricing strategies and make recommendations to improve.
- Track and measure incremental sales and margin associated with price changes.
- Analyze the performance of current pricing strategies and make recommendations to optimize pricing rules.
- Establish metrics relating to pricing and promotional activity and monitor performance against these metrics.
- Perform margin and pricing analysis to support key business initiatives as required.
- Bachelor's Degree with emphasis on Finance / Accounting or an MBA highly preferred
- Strong analytical, quantitative and financial modeling skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, able to present information and make recommendations to all levels of the organization
- Detail and results oriented, process driven, analytical and conceptual thinker, excellent problem solving skills
- Inquisitive/Curious by nature
- Experience in pricing and competitive analysis/operations
- Advanced MS Office Suite skills; Excel a must
- A team player able to work collaboratively while managing competing priorities
- Able to adapt quickly to changes and deal effectively with ambiguity and a fast pace
- Able to perform well under pressure
- Demonstrated financial/analytical skills gained through formal education or work experience.
- Demonstrates a strong willingness to learn. Must be a self-starter able to work independently based on direction from manager.
Our core business hours are Monday – Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm.
If you want to join a successful, growing and dynamic entrepreneurial company that provides competitive compensation and benefits, please submit your resume in confidence by applying on-line directly to www.startech.com/careers
We appreciate all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.