Manager, Product Development
Location: London, Ontario
Manager, Product Development
StarTech.com Ltd. is a global manufacturer of hard-to-find parts and accessories that connect and enhance business technology. We make it easy
for IT professionals around the globe to find and get the part they need to enable their business solutions.
We innovate, design and make a wide range of unique, specialized or hard-to-find parts
and accessories that connect and enhance business technology. Our friendly, professional and responsive employees, proprietary web resources and channel partners ensure that the right product is delivered to the IT professional.
Founded in 1985, we are a privately owned company headquartered in Canada with operations in the USA, UK, France, Spain, Netherlands, Sweden, Italy, Belgium, Mexico and Germany. We will continue to expand our global footprint in the coming years.
A vibrant high tech company, we offer an enviable workplace with a track record of growth and recognition. We’re big on service and team spirit without taking ourselves too seriously.
By conquering new markets and creating diverse career opportunities, we offer you a place to grow. Plus, our commitment to training and development will keep your skills sharp. As well, we know you have a life outside work. That’s why we offer benefits that take good care of you and your family, and support you to actively participate in your community. It all adds up to a good life.
What’s more, StarTech.com is a “50 Best Managed Company” in Canada, one of Canada’s “50 Best Small & Medium Employers”, one of the top 500 fastest growing Canadian companies on Profit 500 list and has been an honoree on the INC 5000 list of the fastest growing private companies in the United States for seven consecutive years.
We are currently looking for a Manager, Product Development
As a result of planned expansion and international growth, StarTech.com is currently looking for a person to join and grow with our Technology and Product team. We require a Manager, Product Development whose role will be to oversee product development. This role will lead a team of Product Engineers and Product Developers. As such, people leadership, in conjunction with superior technical skills are prerequisites for the role.
Reporting to the Director of Product Development, this position works closely with the Product Managers, the Product Marketing Manager and members of the sales team in order to achieve overall product growth and profitability.
Responsibilities include the following:
Creating a detailed “road map” to developing new products, including:
- Deciding on key strategic product development initiatives;
- Setting achievable deadlines and milestone dates for product launches;
- Managing the resources to ensure all efforts are focused on attaining product development deadlines.
- Reviewing Product Lines quarterly for progress to plan.
Oversee the development of new StarTech.com products for all product lines, including:
- Industrial I/O
- Consumer I/O
- Data Storage
- Server Management
- Computer Parts
- This position will appeal to someone with a passion for technology and strong people leadership skills.
- This role will require someone with extraordinary technical abilities. An academic background in Electrical or Computer Engineering would be highly relevant.
- Previous experience coaching, mentoring, and leading a team is required. Previous hardware and/or embedded software/firmware development experience is desirable.
- The ability to research and anticipate technology trends is essential in addition to understanding competitors and their ‘roadmaps’
- Understanding of test equipment such as high speed oscilloscopes, protocol analyzers and compliance test tools is desirable
- Strong problem solving skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Intellectual curiosity, creativity and a passion for technology would be advantageous.
- History of success in managing projects and products and/or services.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, growing company.
- A strong overall professional presence. Capable of communicating effectively at all levels within the organization (internally and externally).
If you want to join a successful, growing and dynamic entrepreneurial company that provides competitive compensation and benefits, please submit your resume and salary expectations in confidence by applying on-line directly to www.startech.com
We appreciate all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.