Product Compliance Specialist
Location: London, Ontario
StarTech.com Ltd. is a global manufacturer of hard-to-find parts and accessories that connect and enhance business technology. We make it easy
for IT professionals around the globe to find and get the part they need to enable their business solutions.
We innovate, design and make a wide range of unique, specialized or hard-to-find parts
and accessories that connect and enhance business technology. Our friendly, professional and responsive employees, proprietary web resources and channel partners ensure that the right product is delivered to the IT professional.
Founded in 1985, we are a privately owned company headquartered in Canada with operations in the USA, UK, France, Spain, Netherlands, Sweden, Italy, Belgium, Mexico and Germany. We will continue to expand our global footprint in the coming years.
A vibrant high tech company, we offer an enviable workplace with a track record of growth and recognition. We’re big on service and team spirit without taking ourselves too seriously.
By conquering new markets and creating diverse career opportunities, we offer you a place to grow. Plus, our commitment to training and development will keep your skills sharp. As well, we know you have a life outside work. That’s why we offer benefits that take good care of you and your family, and support you to actively participate in your community. It all adds up to a good life.
What’s more, StarTech.com is a “50 Best Managed Company” in Canada, one of Canada’s “50 Best Small & Medium Employers”, one of the top 500 fastest growing Canadian companies on Profit 500 list and has been an honoree on the INC 5000 list of the fastest growing private companies in the United States for seven consecutive years.
As a Product Compliance Specialist
, you will work with the Product Management team to serve as the subject matter expert and in a consultative capacity on StarTech.com product safety and regulatory compliance as related to local and international regulatory requirements. Examples include but are not limited to UL, CE, FCC, IC, NOM, RoHS, WEEE, and REACH.
- Evaluate and interpret US, EU, Canada, and other International regulations and standards with the objective of making StarTech.com’s products compliant as well as managing risk with respect to product requirements. Utilize appropriate 3rd party organizations as required.
- Provide guidance to local and global management regarding corporate compliance matters where product safety becomes an issue.
- Provide technical direction and leadership and facilitate communication across internal departments such as Product Development, Product Management, Product Quality and Sales as well as contract manufacturers resulting in full compliance
- Ensure suppliers comply with domestic and international Regulatory Compliance requirements and coordinate appropriate documentation requirements and review
- Facilitate design reviews and provide direction to product development teams on product safety and regulatory compliance issues. Further facilitate and assist StarTech.com’s Product teams on achieving safety and regulatory compliance in a timely manner
- Conduct or assist in internal investigations and analysis of any non-compliant product / incident. Define and/or assist in definition of corrective action as necessary
- Assist in development of corporate policy, procedures and tools for product safety and regulatory requirements
- 3-year Technical Diploma, Electrical Engineering degree, OACETT or Equivalent
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of International Regulatory Compliance experience in a testing lab or consumer electronics engineering development environment
- Good understanding of global consumer electronics, EMC/EMI and Product Safety standards such as UL, FCC, CE etc. is a must
- Understanding of environmental sustainability requirements such as RoHS, Reach, Energy efficiency etc. is preferred
- Understanding of Wire and Cable product, Wireless and networking products, power supplies, computer hardware and accessories, and the required regulatory requirements would be highly desirable.
- Ability to work well under tight schedule in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills with an eagerness to learn
Our core business hours are Monday – Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm.
If you want to join a successful, growing and dynamic entrepreneurial company that provides competitive compensation and benefits, please submit your resume in confidence by applying on-line directly to www.startech.com/careers
We appreciate all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.