Remote Technical Support Advisor
RemoteTechnical Support Advisors
StarTech.com Ltd. is a global manufacturer of hard-to-find parts and accessories that connect and enhance business technology. We make it easy
for IT professionals around the globe to find and get the part they need to enable their business solutions.
We innovate, design and make a wide range of unique, specialized or hard-to-find parts
and accessories that connect and enhance business technology. Our friendly, professional and responsive employees, proprietary web resources and channel partners ensure that the right product is delivered to the IT professional.
Founded in 1985, we are a privately owned company headquartered in Canada with operations in the USA, UK, France, Spain, Netherlands, Sweden, Italy, Belgium, Mexico and Germany. We will continue to expand our global footprint in the coming years.
A vibrant high tech company, we offer an enviable workplace with a track record of growth and recognition. We’re big on service and team spirit without taking ourselves too seriously.
By conquering new markets and creating diverse career opportunities, we offer you a place to grow. Plus, our commitment to training and development will keep your skills sharp. As well, we know you have a life outside work. That’s why we offer benefits that take good care of you and your family, and support you to actively participate in your community. It all adds up to a good life.
What’s more, StarTech.com is a “50 Best Managed Company” in Canada, one of Canada’s “50 Best Small & Medium Employers”, one of the top 500 fastest growing Canadian companies on Profit 500 list and has been an honoree on the INC 5000 list of the fastest growing private companies in the United States for seven consecutive years.
Our hours of operation are from Monday to Friday 5:00 am to 9:00 pm. Hours for employees will fall into various shifts to allow us to meet the needs of our business.
Remote Technical Support Advisors
As our RemoteTechnical Support Advisor
you will provide our resellers and end-users with a world class customer experience by phone, email and live-chat. You are passionate about helping others, building IT solutions and answering questions about technology. We are looking for team players who take pride in helping our customers build out their IT solutions and are who able to promote appropriate products. You will receive 8 weeks of paid training in our London Ontario office, and then transition to work from your home office.
- Provide direct service to IT Professionals and end users via phone, live chat and email
- Consult with customers on product specifications, features, benefits and fit for use
- Support the installation ,configuration and troubleshooting of Startech.com products
- Relate to customers both technically and non-technically, and take action that addresses all needs
- Document all relevant information in our CRM system
- Author and update Knowledge Base Articles
- Be able to manage many competing deliverables
Additional Assets (Not Required)
- Post-secondary education
- 2-5 years’ of relevant work experience (IT helpdesk, computer repair, incident management, computer technician)
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic and history of making strong contributions to a team
- Experience with computer hardware and related concepts, including complex problem diagnosis
- Proven record of providing customer assistance over the phone or online
- Knowledge of the IT industry, including connectivity, hardware and peripherals
- Able to multitask efficiently
- Flexibility for shifts within our hours of service, Monday-Friday 5am-9pm
- In addition to English , the ability to speak another language
- Technical certification such as CompTIA A+
- Previous experience as a Customer Service Representative or similar role in a contact centre environment
Submit your resume in confidence by applying on-line at www.startech.com/careers
We appreciate all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.