Market Research / Analyst
Location: London, Ontario
Market Research / Analyst (based in London, Ontario)
StarTech.com is a global manufacturer of hard-to-find connectivity parts. We make it easy
for IT professionals around the globe to find and get the part they need to enable their business solutions.
Founded in 1985, in London, Ontario, StarTech.com has operations in Canada, the United States and the United Kingdom servicing over 35,000 resellers worldwide.
We innovate, design and make a wide range of unique, specialized or hard-to-find parts
and accessories that connect and enhance business technology. Our friendly, professional and responsive employees, proprietary web resources and channel partners ensure that the right product is delivered to the IT professional.
StarTech.com is currently listed as a 50 Best Managed Company in Canada, one of Canada’s 50 Best Small & Medium Employers and is an honoree on the INC 5000 list of the fastest growing private companies in the United States for six consecutive years.
The Market Research / Analyst
role is all about data directly linked to StarTech.com’s strategy. Analyze, report, plan and implement based on the market research information you gather. Data collected is focused on our Strategy, customers, competitors, new product ideas, market trends, etc. Other responsibilities could include analyzing already published data and statistics, evaluating past performance of a product‘s sales, assessing future trends and coordinating research projects. Individuals must demonstrate resourcefulness, drive, novelty of vision and a desire to solve problems.
- Conduct research/development activities.
- Make detailed observations, collect results, analyze data, and interpret results.
- Compile results and prepare technical reports and documentation of outcomes.
- Collect and analyze data to evaluate the StarTech.com strategy execution within our partners.
- Identify and monitor competitors and researches market conditions or changes in the industry that may affect sales.
- Perform quick market analysis for a product or product line extension or new product idea.
- Evaluate product potential to help develop and prioritize company efforts to launch new products.
- Recommend priorities to product development teams based on market research and new trends.
- Rely on technical experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- An analytical mind, and a knowledge of statistics
- Intermediate to advanced excel capabilities
- Confidence when dealing with a wide variety of people
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to outline findings and explain assumptions
- Methodical and well organized, with good numerical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Commercial and technical awareness
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks
We are located in London, Ontario and our core business hours are Monday – Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm.
If you want to join a successful, growing and dynamic entrepreneurial company that provides competitive compensation and benefits, please submit your resume in confidence by applying directly on-line at www.StarTech.com/careers.
We appreciate all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.