Location: London, Ontario
StarTech.com Ltd. is a global manufacturer of hard-to-find parts and accessories that connect and enhance business technology. We make it easy
for IT professionals around the globe to find and get the part they need to enable their business solutions.
We innovate, design and make a wide range of unique, specialized or hard-to-find parts
and accessories that connect and enhance business technology. Our friendly, professional and responsive employees, proprietary web resources and channel partners ensure that the right product is delivered to the IT professional.
Founded in 1985, we are a privately owned company headquartered in Canada with operations in the USA, UK, France, Spain, Netherlands, Sweden, Italy, Belgium, Mexico and Germany. We will continue to expand our global footprint in the coming years.
A vibrant high tech company, we offer an enviable workplace with a track record of growth and recognition. We’re big on service and team spirit without taking ourselves too seriously.
By conquering new markets and creating diverse career opportunities, we offer you a place to grow. Plus, our commitment to training and development will keep your skills sharp. As well, we know you have a life outside work. That’s why we offer benefits that take good care of you and your family, and support you to actively participate in your community. It all adds up to a good life.
What’s more, StarTech.com is a “50 Best Managed Company” in Canada, one of Canada’s “50 Best Small & Medium Employers”, one of the top 500 fastest growing Canadian companies on Profit 500 list and has been an honoree on the INC 5000 list of the fastest growing private companies in the United States for seven consecutive years.
In an intermediate role in the organization, the Website Producer
will be responsible for ensuring the design of the StarTech.com website and related tools are current, consistent, and professional, with an additional emphasis on usability. The Website Producer will work with the Website Designer to create mockups for internal review, then use the approved mockups to create graphic assets that will be used by the Web Developers (and sometimes the Website Producer or Website Designer as well) for creating functional web layouts. The Website Producer will also review all new web pages and tools (and any significant changes to existing tools) before they are promoted to the live site in order to ensure they meet our graphical standards.
Creation of Graphical Assets
- Develop original layouts and graphic treatments to solve design challenges and meet the functional needs of our websites
- Develop designs that are fresh and original but also maintain a degree of consistency with existing website look and feel
- Provide PDFs of layouts and circulate for internal review. Update the layouts to address any feedback received and recirculate.
Develop Web Layouts
- Use approved layouts to create graphic assets for on-line delivery
- Write HTML, CSS, and proprietary template code necessary to adapt visual treatments into functioning web pages
- Review own work and that of all Web Team developers before they go live in order to graphic standards are met for professionalism and consistency in a variety of browsers and platforms
- A minimum of 3 years work experience as a full time web producer, designer or developer
- College diploma or equivalent in the field of graphic design or interactive design
- Able to provide a strong portfolio of sites designed
- Detail oriented
- Able to offer and receive constructive feedbackAble to work independently and in teams
- Familiarity with current versions of relevant industry software, such as the Adobe Creative Cloud
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effectiveness
- Ability to express ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff
Our core business hours are Monday – Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm.
If you want to join a successful, growing and dynamic entrepreneurial company that provides competitive compensation and benefits, please submit your resume in confidence by applying on-line directly to www.startech.com/careers
We appreciate all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.